Monday, June 20, 2011

There's nothing really sweet about bittersweet

This is a bittersweet day. I just performed my last recital with my dance studio of the last 15 years, and now I am done. I gave them everything that I had to give; money, energy, time, blood, sweat, and so many tears, and now I am done.

I am sad because for the first 13 years that I danced there, they nurtured my love for dance, they helped me grow and appreciate hard work. They made me feel like part of a family.

I am happy because for the last 2 years, my life there has been a living hell. I have been made to feel stupid, excluded, unworthy, unskilled, unloved, unappreciated, misunderstood, patronized, fat, and just plain sad.

I am glad that it's over........but I wish that they hadn't made me glad that it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment