Sunday, April 24, 2011

Shouldn't you be reading Hemingway? Yes. Yes I should.

The current state of my life?

Oh-so-freaking-incredibly-stressed.

But then again, how is that any different from the norm?

Right now my biggest stressor is dance. I've got my normal classes to worry about, as well as the recital dances that go along with them. My Born This Way dance for jazz is absolutely going to kill me. It's really fun, but it's so intense that I practically have an asthma attack every time we run it. My lyrical dance (to 18th Floor Balcony by Blue October) isn't as tough but since I was sick a couple weeks ago, I'm a little behind on the choreography. Our Tap Company dances aren't giving me any trouble, which is good because that show - "Wonderland" - is in two weeks. (Friday May 13th at 6pm and 8pm...not that I'm advertising it or anything.)
Some really good news, is that my tap solo is working out really well! That dance was frustrating me for the longest time because it's super fast and intricate, but I've finally got it down!

Senioritis has set in. Big time. I just don't give a crap anymore. Which is bad, because to actually end up at Columbia Chicago, I have to first do this fancy thing we like to call "graduating." Which is infinitely more difficult to accomplish when you no longer give a crap. I am looking forward to the May pops concert. Visions is performing our Grease medley, for which I choreographed the song You're the One that I Want. I'm also REALLY hoping to get to conduct the "senior song". I don't know what it's going to be yet, and I don't care. I just want to be the senior to conduct it. We could be singing the ABC's for all I care and I'd still want to conduct it.

So I'm going to keep this post kinda short. Partially because I still have two chapters to read of The Sun Also Rises (In Your Pants - for any nerdfighters who would understand that reference) before 4th period tomorrow. Also because I'm seriously stretching for things to write about right now.

Fin.

No comments:

Post a Comment