Monday, October 17, 2011

Are YOU a Nerdfighter!?

If not, you should be. 

I'll let John and Hank take it from here...



Thank you John and Hank.

I am a Nerdfighter. I've introduced a lot of people to the concept of Nerdfightaria but with a lot of my friends I don't think it's really stuck. I've shown them this video when they've asked what a Nerdfighter is, I've explained my DFTBA bracelet and what DFTBA means when they've asked, I've explained Wizard Rock when they've asked. And while my friends always say things like,  "Oh my gosh! That's so cool. These guys are awesome! Etc." I don't think they ever watch another Vlogbrothers video again. Which is fine. I mean, if they don't want to visit YouTube once in a while to check up on Nerdfightaria, then that's totally their choice and totally fine. I don't hold it against them or anything. It just sometimes makes me feel like there's this world -- and is in fact, a whole other world -- that means the world to me and the people who mean the most to me just aren't interested at all. Kind of like how I feel about chemistry: It's fascinating and I appreciate it's use and place in my life, but I don't care to learn about it or pay attention to it...ever.

The internet has changed my life. I would not be the girl who LOVES being a geek, and decreasing worldsuck, and tries to NFTBA (Never Forget To Be Awesome), and likes to "positive prank" (ie. Ding-ding ditching but leaving a package of tootsie-pops on the doorstep), if it weren't for the internet.

This is something that means so much to me that I can't even imagine how it can't mean anything to everyone else in the world. GAAAHHHHH! FRENCH THE LLAMA it makes me frustrated!

But that's just this Nerdfighter's opinion.

DFTBA

1 comment: