Monday, October 31, 2011

Just Kidding!

If you will recall, in my last post I listed a whole bunch of things I missed about home, and how I only had to wait three more weeks until Thanksgiving.

Well that was a load of bull-crap.

Because...... I WENT HOME THE NEXT DAY!!!

In fact, I had been planning to come home that weekend for about a month! Friday morning I got up at 7am and took a cab to Union Station where I got on the Megabus and left Chicago at 9am. I got into Columbus around 5pm Ohio-time and then went to the final Buckeye Valley football game of the season. All of my marching band friends thought I wasn't coming home until Thanksgiving (because that was the straight-up lie I'd been feeding them all on Facebook for weeks) so when I got there they kind of freaked out. My friend Maddy ran down the steps of the bleachers before skipping the last two steps and jumping -- quite literally -- on my face. My friend Sydney literally did a double take when she saw me. And I got to see their amazing half-time show for the first time! The next day I went into town and I got to see my friend Cara for a bit, and I got to surprise Knox by going to his band's show that night. His mom had told him that they had to stop by my house on the way to the show so my dad could buy one of the band's new shirts to send to me. But it was really to pick me up to go to the show. Which, by the way, was awesome.

Basically this past weekend was freaking fantastic.

And now -- for real -- it's only three weeks until I'm home for Thanksgiving. Then once, I'm back after Thanksgiving it's only three weeks until Christmas break starts.

I can handle three week increments.

No comments:

Post a Comment