Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Apparently Land Before Time really stuck with me[BEDA August 16]

I am somewhat obsessed with dinosaurs.

I know. Dinosaurs? But seriously. Dinosaurs. They're adorable, as long as they're not trying to eat your face. And seeing as dinosaurs are extinct, that's sort of a non-issue.

One of the first things I ask people I've just met, or I'm getting to know, is "What's your favorite kind of dinosaur?" It kind of tells a lot about that person.

My favorite? Triceratops. The main reason being that when I was in second grade we had a unit on dinosaurs. Our unit project was to pick a dinosaur and create a diorama based on that dinosaur. I picked the triceratops and made a model of it out of blue and green clay. It was a pretty kick-ass project.

The other day my sister was telling one of the little boys at the childcare program where she works that her 18 year old  little sister bought a dinosaur blanket to bring to college. He looked at her like she was crazy. Apparently little kids think it's weird for A) girls and B) adults to like dinosaurs.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment