Wednesday, August 3, 2011

BEDA two days late...

So I have decided to do BEDA, or Blog Every Day in August. I'm two days late getting started on this. Blame Pottermore. I've been so concerned and distracted lately about my Pottermore registration. For those that do not know, Pottermore is a website where fans will be offered an extended HP experience. Jo Rowling is releasing more info on the stories and every user will be sorted by a test designed by Jo herself, and will be given a wand. Basically every single person in the HP fandom wants to be part of this, and as of October they can be.

However, the beta version of the site will be available to 1 million people starting in a few days. The trouble with this is that there are certain clues going up at certain hours and then a semi-complicated process to follow to sign up. After you register you are supposed to receive a verification email and activate your account within 48 hours of registering. Later however, we discovered that they were having issues with Yahoo accounts. The emails had apparently been sent out, but Yahoo accounts were receiving theirs extremely slowly.

I have a Yahoo account. Eff my life.

So according to the Pottermore blog, they were "...currently talking to Yahoo in order to resolve this problem and will update this blog post with new information as we get it." Then later they updated the blog with this little gem. "Is there any update on the Yahoo! Mail issue?
This has now been resolved and everyone who registered with a Yahoo! Mail account on Sunday or Monday should now have received their validation email."

This however was a blatant lie. I had not received mine, and shortly thereafter, my 48 hours had run out.

I can register again, but I'm REALLY pissed. And the best part? There's really no way at all to contact Pottermore. You can tweet them your issues on Twitter, but it does absolutely no good, because they never @reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment