Thursday, August 11, 2011

Staying safe in Chicago? Don't be a dumbass [BEDA August 7]

So behind in BEDA I know, I know. Shame on me. Blame being in Chicago and not having internet access for several days.

Okay, so I had access to internet.....for $7.50 an hour. Um....No. Effing hotel prices. But I wrote blogs, old-school -- in a notebook. Gasp! -- so I'll post them individually.

[BEDA August 7]

So I've got orientation tomorrow. I have spent all day in the car. I am in Chicago. I am a happy camper!

Despite the fact that I will have to walk 8 blocks home, after dark, twice a week, I have no reservations about living in Chicago. Just kidding. It's really not that bad. Also, as long as you're smart about it, getting around Chicago after dark is not a big deal.

Don't walk alone if you can help it. Don't walk around with your earbuds in. Only keep your stuff in a bag with a zipper AND keep it zipped. And it doesn't hurt to have a safety whistle and pepper spray. If things seem sketch, act like they're sketch. And last but not least: Don't be a dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment